Train The Employee Hired For The Position In Which You Were Overlooked

Posted on Jan 3 2013 - 7:09am by Halo-Orangees Staff
Categorized as
3646
Tagged as

An Employee, Have You Ever Been Passed Over For A Job Promotion?

Halo-Orangees’ employer-employee “one accord” Volume I One Mind, One Body, One Team confronts the real-life workplace issues occurring in organizations world-wide (negativity, drama, power struggles, backstabbing, friend-family hiring, and endless gossip). There are many relatable real life characters in this book such as, Suzy T. Harassed, Chelsea Courage, and my personal favorite Employee Strong.

Employee Workplace Challenges:

To add insult to injury, Chelsea is held back from promotional opportunities within the division (Excerpt~ Halo-Orangees Book).

In the end, Chelsea feels defeated and, most of all, violated (Excerpt~ Halo-Orangees Book).

Employee Questions:

1. As an employee, have you ever been passed over for a job promotion, however appointed to train the employee hired for the position in which you were overlooked?

2. Did your manager overlook you in order to hire their friend and/or family member?

3. How did this affect your workplace behavior?

4. Did your actions demonstrate your unwillingness to properly train new hirer?

A huge interview flop occurs when employers hire their friends and family members. Despite nepotism policies, this is becoming the norm in companies globally. If the friend or family member is incapable of performing his or her job duties, does this mean that it is more important who you know than what you know? When friends hire friends, their salary is usually higher and the workload is usually less. Although it is good to build positive, healthy relationships within the workforce, all employees within the organization must meet the same work requirements. If a manager chooses to hire an applicant with whom he or she has a personal relationship, it is important that the new employee be made aware of the company’s rules and regulations. All employees, regardless of whether they are a friend or a relative of management, must be subjected to the same standards applicable to all other employees. Halo-Orangees believes that in cases such as this, those newly hired employees should hear the following at the end of the hiring process: “I will give you the tools you need to succeed; however, at the end of the day, each employee must earn their stay on the team.” This sends the message that all staff members are required to meet the expectations established within the organization. It also sends the message that there are no free rides. The personal relationship between a manager and a new hire should never compromise the customary working relationship between coworkers. Other employees should not be made to fear coworkers based upon their relationship with management.

Halo-Orangees employer-employee “one accord” Volume I One Mind, One Body, One Team, published by Outskirts Press, is available from Amazon.com. Direct purchase link: Halo-Orangees’ book http://www.amazon.com/dp/1432747584

About Author

B.L. Brown, author of Halo-Orangees employer-employee “one accord” Volume I One Mind, One Body, One Team, CEO and Founder of Halo-Orangees international job board at www.halo-orangeesjobs.com.

For more information, please visit Halo-Orangees website: http://www.halo-orangeesjobs.com

About the Author

31 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Manigualt1 March 24, 2013 at 9:13 pm -

I’ve been a manager at Wendy’s for the last 20 years and am proud to say that I’ve always promoted those individuals who gave 100%. There were many opportunities where I could have promoted someone and got paid under the table but I know I must do right. My advice to you all as the article suggest is simple: hire those who honestly deserve it.

2. JButler March 24, 2013 at 9:10 pm -

I am a manager for a major company in Arizona. I must say that there was a time when I treated my employees like cage animals. As I look around I see that I wasn’t respectful, understanding or being a team atmosphere. I also slept with one of my employees, I promoted her and then she turned the tables on me. She reported me to HR only she didn’t tell the whole truth. She said that I was sexual harrassing her when in essence we had consenting sex. She was able to prove this and I got fired. For the longest I couldn’t understand why she turned the tables on her when I did her a favor and promoted her to a position I knew she wasn’t qualified for. I guess I caused this on myself and now that I look back on the situation I would came out on top had a walked the straight and narrow and promoted someone who really deserved it. I have learned my leason not to always promote the individual who is well deserving of the job instead of someone that’s good in bed.

3. QUEEN OF PROMOTIONS March 24, 2013 at 9:03 pm -

If I had to worry about what some ppl thought of me then I’d be 6 ft. under. I do what I do and if my way don’t work for you then tough. All I can say is that it works for me

4. MelB5 March 24, 2013 at 9:00 pm -

Well anyone who suggest that one should sleep with their bosses to get to the top of the ladder should have a verbal lashing. I just don’t understand how you can encourage ppl to jump in the sack to get ahead.

5. MelB5 March 23, 2013 at 10:11 am -

Queen of Promotion you sound so ignorant. I would not be surprise if you work in the back of someone’s grocery store slicing bologna.

6. QUEEN OF PROMOTIONS March 17, 2013 at 3:39 pm -

@ DD323 to each his own. You label me a slut/whore. Yeah you best talk your smack on this site becuz if I knew what International Paper you worked at I tell you to meet me outside. Period!

7. XXstaks March 17, 2013 at 3:28 pm -

I see I’m not the only one that can work the system like that.

8. tellingmytruth March 17, 2013 at 3:26 pm -

I see I’m not the only one that feel the need “do what you got to do”.

9. therealestbitchukno March 17, 2013 at 3:23 pm -

i hope she running the coming. if i’m giving you the cookie i better be the one now signing the checks.

10. mrman93 March 17, 2013 at 3:18 pm -

she can come work with me lol

11. dd323 March 17, 2013 at 3:15 pm -

QofPromotion you sound like a bonified, certified, verified slut. I am coming up on the corporate ladder for International Paper & I have you to know I have never had to once: sleep around, stroke the CEO’s ego, or go out to dinner, or cross the line in any way to get where I wanted to be. Instead I actually worked my butt off & place my job priorities first. I knew my job, did my job and kept at it. Not everyone has to sell themselves short as you are doing. I have enough faith in myself & I have learned to love myself to know that I don’t have to step outside of who I am to get what I want. I understand and know that what God has for me is for me without me having to entertain Satan & his tactics. You need to get some morals. Go look at yourself in the mirror. Do you not feel as if you are strong enough or qualified enough to just be you and let the windows of opportunity open without you being a slut??

12. Jane March 17, 2013 at 10:30 am -

You have some serious issues and need help. As soon as someone else prettier and younger at your so call game comes along they’ll be promoted as your replacement as you are escorted out the back door without notification no warning never see it coming. On your cry home shame will kick in.

• Katrina March 17, 2013 at 10:33 am -

You sure know what to say. I couldn’t have said it better. It is hard for me to believe she holds an executive role for the circus let alone a corporation. The fact she shared such unprofessional comments on this blog geared toward positive life focus & opportunities parades she is not executive material.

13. Self Love March 17, 2013 at 10:22 am -

You don’t have to sleep around the company to get promoted. If you don’t receive a promotion the job is not for you. There is something better for you, far greater than the jobs you’ve been overlooked for. I suggest to all of the “sleep with someone” believers buy Halo-Orangees employer-employee “one accord” Volume I One Mind, One Body, One Team. This brand was founded on unfair treatment. The author was told she was not good enough by executive leader. I wonder what this leaders thinks now, based on those jobs in Halo-Orangees job board I must say she is doing just great. Not to mention the dating site. You are in charge of your own success. The creator of Halo-Orangees has proven & illustrated. As women we have the power learn to love yourself please.

14. Queen of Promotions March 17, 2013 at 10:08 am -

This is how the work world works you have to f-hump to get promoted. PERIOD!!!! All of us have done at some points in careers. I’m f-humping up on my next promotion. The better your candies better your promotion.

• Peggy March 17, 2013 at 10:37 am -

You need some behavior training. Call Dr. Phil.

• Tim March 17, 2013 at 10:44 am -

How do you feel the next day after you commit these acts? Is there no shame when you face the promoters the next day? Do you feel all your promoters meet up & talk about discuss your candy h…ping acts?

15. Queen of Promotions March 17, 2013 at 9:58 am -

If you want to get promoted you are required to sleep with someone. So stop crying and start playing the corporate game of sleeping around. It is the only way to get promoted. Start at the top you will be promoted quicker.

• Mesha March 17, 2013 at 10:03 am -

You are crazy. Is this the method you use to receive all of your promotions? If so I know the overage in mileage to your body has worn you out. Right? ALL USED UP. You must have miserably low self-esteem. No amount of money is worth the gift of your body. You need Jesus.

• Queen of Promotions March 17, 2013 at 10:25 am -

Look you can act all holy if you like. This has served me well. No shame- proud to be a player in the game. My bank account is large. How is yours church girl? Empty???? Are you living from pay check to check?

16. Joe100 March 12, 2013 at 2:29 pm -

Leaders get too big and fail to remember where they came from. They view employees as lesser people small nothings.

17. dream March 12, 2013 at 2:27 pm -

This is the reason I started my own business. There is no more fair employee treatment within the workforce. Sad but true. Great article.

18. Mad March 12, 2013 at 2:24 pm -

I have been overlooked for promotions (8 years). My current place of employment is the world worst for treating employees fairly. They don’t give a f..k about employees. The CEO is a pi…e of horse …. He gossips like a girl & spreads lies like he is crazy.

19. Hire Your Church Members March 11, 2013 at 8:09 pm -

My manager has hired all of his unqualified church members. I guess their pastor teachers Sunday school classes on hire church members above all other applicants.

20. Gail March 11, 2013 at 8:05 pm -

I work for a big fat lazy pig. How can a man be lazy as hell? He thinks he’s a king, but he’s nothing more than a poor excuse for a man and leader. He is so dumb he can’t write a professional email.

21. Jane March 11, 2013 at 8:01 pm -

Organizations don’t care about their employees! At the end of the day employees are just trash. Employers use employees until they can’t be used anymore. This is today’s employer mindset.

22. Terrance January 12, 2013 at 1:15 pm -

A lot of jobs are overpowered by politics. If you ever want to experience single- minded people office politics apply for a job in city government. There are numerous politics social groups filled with backstabbing members and daily endless gossip. Beware the term confidentiality does not exists.

23. CWard January 11, 2013 at 2:02 pm -

I am sixty years old and have been overlooked for several jobs in my current company. I cannot prove, but I know it is due to my age. It has made me become bitter anger and hateful to my fellow employees. There have been five employees who have been promoted into new job roles. I have been overlooked for each of these positions. I have over 25 years of experience as well as the necessary credentials. The last job I was overlooked wouldn’t have warranted an increase in pay, yet I was once again overlooked. Hopelessly trapped in a job role I dislike on the basis of my age!

24. Yvonne Bonner January 11, 2013 at 1:55 pm -

The workplace is all about who you know. If you are not associated with the so called poplar group you will not be promoted. It is stupid to apply if you are not a part of the so called poplar group. The workforce is a network of corrupted managers.

25. Sharon Love January 11, 2013 at 1:53 pm -

I have been overlooked for several promotions, one because my boss hired her friend. I was recently overlooked for lack of degree, but I am the go to employee of the department. I have also trained both employees hired for these jobs. It is a daily struggle for me to go to work each day. I have found myself so withdrawn, unfocused and very depressed. I have found a level of hope in this article and plan to purchase the book. I really appreciate this article.

26. Ralph Lauren Online January 10, 2013 at 10:03 am -

Hi, just wanted to mention, I liked this article. It was practical. Keep on posting!