Posted on Mar 6 2013 - 2:48pm by Halo-Orangees Staff
Categorized as
4114
Tagged as

Team success is measured by the group and not the individual person. Human beings have strengths and weaknesses; acknowledging them and using them to the advantage of the team is key. A good team member shares the spotlight, giving other team members the opportunity to shine. Furthermore, one must value the expertise of each team member, utilizing that expertise for the good of the team. “I” and “Me” stifle employer-employee “one accord” and create a non-cohesive work environment. Managers ultimately are responsible for shaping a cohesive environment within the team by eliminating “I” and “me” and incorporating “team.” A team member who puts personal gain above the team is, arguably, demonstrating a dysfunctional behavior. “I” and “Me” are the driving forces behind dysfunctional organizational employer-employee relationships. The leader determines whether the team will be dysfunctional or a “one accord,” high-performing team. The leader’s role is that of a teacher. So, in order to clearly understand a team, start by observing the words and actions of the leader. “I” and “Me” are the destroyer of the Halo-Orangees’ “one mind, one body, one team”.

A good leader is trustworthy, informative, and accountable, and accepts feedback; likewise, a good team member does the same. A smart team member can rise above and adapt regardless of a dysfunctional team. Communication between employees can have a major impact on employee relations. Employees should be mindful of the fact that every role counts—that is, one person’s failure to perform can affect a department or an organization as a whole. In essence, employees should take full advantage of the probationary period and obtain all of the knowledge offered during this process. Core values and standards should include constructive criticism to help employees become more effective and efficient. The only way a person will know how to improve is by being informed of areas they need to improve. Employers and employees cannot achieve organizational objectives unless they are educated on the areas of low performance. Organizational objectives serve as the foundation for employer-employees successfully achieving the mission. Value is created when employees are loyal to one another. Much is to be gained when core loyalty lies within the group. Group loyalty in a team ensures that organizational standards are being met. Once loyalty is established within a team, the dysfunctional “I” and “Me” are eliminated, and team “one accord” is achieved.

“Don’t ever allow anyone to attack your self-esteem, kill your passion, or tell you that someone else is more worthy than you,” says B.L. Brown.

About Author

B.L. Brown, author of Halo-Orangees employer-employee “one accord” Volume I One Mind, One Body, One Team, CEO and Founder of Halo-Orangees international job board at www.halo-orangeesjobs.com.

Halo-Orangees employer-employee “one accord” Volume I One Mind, One Body, One Team, published by Outskirts Press, is available from Amazon.com. Book direct purchase link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1432747584

For more information, please visit Halo-OrangeesJobs.com website: http://www.halo-orangeesjobs.com

About the Author

12 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Lala June 13, 2013 at 3:23 pm -

This is a creative title & very informative post.

2. Erica March 16, 2013 at 1:45 pm -

I love this title Eliminating the “I” and “ME” and Incorporating TEAM (“I and ME” = A Dysfunctional Team)It is very creative. Like post as well.

3. Helen March 16, 2013 at 1:43 pm -

This is a good article. My evil low down dirty co-worker who loves to hurt others should read this. I am going to direct the cow to this site.

4. NicoleS March 16, 2013 at 11:17 am -

I forgot to throw in that the Manager didn’t do anything about this nor did she at least try to investigate. I would think that most Managers would make the employee take a drug test especially if you can smell weed fumes on an employee. What kind of example is that setting for other employees there. Everybody can pretty much do what they feel.

5. NicoleS March 16, 2013 at 11:15 am -

My situation is a bit reversed. I work for a major 5-star restaurant in New Orleans and my boss doesn’t act like one. I’m trying to find out how she became Manager when all the servers throw insults at her left and right. In this business I learned the hard way that when haters throw insults you throw it back and never ever let them see you choke!
    That’s real talk. If you are taken as being easy, can’t stand up for yourself, or slow then you will drown. Last night 1 of the servers wanted to wait on a table of 2 but the table wasn’t in her section. She wanted to wait on the table because she knew the 1 of the people sitting at the table (that’s a long story) but anyway the Manager wanted her to remain in her own assigned section since the table she wanted to wait on was in another section and that section already had a waiter. This girl gets mad and goes to the employee bathroom and puffs on some weed. She had the door locked but when she walked out the other employees could smell it on her. When the Manager found out like 10 minutes later she approached the waitress about the smoking to see did she in fact smoke weed. The waitress told the Manager that she wasn’t smoking weed and that she “better fall back”. My question is why would you have an employee work for you when their attitude is bad, they insult you left and right, and can pretty much do what they want to do on the job. I’m making an anonymous report to corporate on this. Boss needs to get fired.

6. SisterKelly March 16, 2013 at 11:02 am -

I’ve ordered the Halo-Orangees book “Employer-Employee” one accord and I enjoyed it. Alot of the information given I was aware of but it was good reading how others had gone through the exact thing I had. The real-life events in the book were really good. I’m now ordering a book for both my kids (2) in college & my niece to brace them for the workforce.

7. Naeasha K. March 16, 2013 at 10:53 am -

to have a business you have to have money. It takes money to make $$. There are people like myself who have to work for others because we can’t afford to open a business.

8. Evan March 16, 2013 at 10:49 am -

I became my own boss & since then I do not miss the drama & cut-throatness of working for others. I advise any of you to be your own boss. It’s the best feeling in the world.

9. SCraigmont March 16, 2013 at 1:17 am -

@ Naeasha sounds like you need to be looking for employment elsewhere. Yours day might be numbered with a boss like that. Just saying…….

10. TashaV38128 March 9, 2013 at 9:20 pm -

He could be just stressed like going through personal problems. This could be why he isn’t implementing a team like mind.

11. Naeasha K. March 9, 2013 at 9:15 pm -

Before my boss was promoted to Supervisor he was a real team player. It’s real funny how money can make some folk change for the worst & become an epic sellout. When he was on the factory floor working like the rest of us it was “team this” “team that” “we all need to pull together” but when he got promoted he did a 360. Now the only words in his vocabulary when we have a staffing meeting is “I am in charge” or “I make if flow round here”. I just look at him & say to myself nigga I remember just 6 months ago when you acted like a team member now you acted like you all that. Don’t get it twisted I’m for anybody getting promoted………….that is if they deserve the promotion but why when some folk get promoted they let it go to their head.

12. Tina Lee March 9, 2013 at 12:11 am -

Eliminating the “I” and “ME” and Incorporating TEAM (“I and ME” = A Dysfunctional Team)is a good workplace phrase quote. The “I” and “ME” are leaders in my place of employment. The managers set the tone giving them permission to lead and destroy.