What Does The Color of My Skin Have To Do With My Professional Abilities to Add Successful Value To Your Company?

Posted on May 21 2013 - 9:00am by Author B.L. Brown
Categorized as
8795
Tagged as

YouTube Preview Image

Why do you define me by the color of my skin? Why does my skin tone trigger your inner hate? What is it exactly about my skin tone that negatively motivates you? Why do you senselessly attempt to measure and weigh my professional abilities based on the color of my skin? Yet, you happily without hesitation accept my money for your products and services. You don’t deter me. Your behavior positively powers me. You feed my desire and contribute to my success.

Haven’t you heard my skin tone is American History? My skin tone survived slavery, endured being cuffed to trees, beat, hung by the neck  like a salvage beast. My skin tone suffered rape at the hands of other women’s husbands, men who detest the darker shade of my outer beauty, yet desired the intimate part of me. You see through decades of brutal physical and mental abuse my skin tone has miraculously defied the river flooring odds. My skin tone went from picking cotton to using cotton for manufacturing products and services. My skin tone went from being confined to riding on the back of the bus, to riding in the front of the bus, to driving the bus, to owning the bus. My skin is Rosa Parks.

My skin tone powered its first President of “The United States of America” with a follow up second term reinstatement “Head of the White House”. My skin tone is President Barack Obama & First Lady Michelle Obama. My skin tone cultivated one of the most prolific spiritual leaders of all time, Bishop T.D. Jakes.  My skin tone birthed the greatest stand-out successful businesswoman world-wide, Oprah Winfrey. My skin tone is the reason different is referred to as unique, Shaquille O’Neal. My skin tone created the iconic, pioneering, boundless creativity, pumping deeply within the veins of Beyoncé “Ms. Carter”. My skin tone incredibly survived being shot nine times at point blank range from the streets to corporate board rooms, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson. My skin tone writes, produces, acts, directs, sold out plays, makes box office hit films, and produces top rated TV series, Tyler “Multi Talent” Perry. My skin tone has broken through bulletproof walls personally designed for my guaranteed failure.

Since I haven’t personally journeyed in the colors of other skin colors, I can’t insightfully disclose the journeys; however, I can make known all skin colors have found positive purpose. Every ethnic culture possesses the same common daily goal of surviving life (i.e. place to live, running water, lights, transportation etc.,). There’s no one ethnic group “background” that doesn’t have meaningful, purposefulness, and powerful destinies. Human worth can’t be measured or weighed by the color of an individual’s skin. Different skin colors and cultures add different perspectives; different perspectives harmonize successful value.  No one ethnic culture matters more than the other.  A united diverse group of collective minds can create a chain of empowering life changing “greatness”.

The very people you look down on and label as beneath your “so called” social class can very well impact your future. No one (human being) is entitled to sit high and look low down on others. Sorry, this mentality will blindly without warning journey back and bite a gigantic hole in your rear in!  So, lower your nose to the proper intended level in height before your fast speeding crash to the ground cracks you into little bitty hard to mend pieces. YouTube Preview Image

Obama And Biden Sworn In During Official Ceremony

SO Final

About the Author

B.L. Brown author of Halo-Orangees employer-employee “one accord” One Mind, One Body, One Team is the CEO and Founder of Halo-OrangeesJobs.com', international online job board (www.halo-orangeesjobs.com). Halo-Orangees book direct purchase link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1432747584 In 2012 Author B.L. Brown launched Halo-Orangees/h-connect brand, international online dating website h-connect.net.

23 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Scott June 12, 2013 at 2:26 pm -

I found this site on twitter. Cool article it is so what people go though everyday. As a white man I can honestly say this happen.

2. Traci June 11, 2013 at 6:12 pm -

It is sad that color poses a conflict after a decade of positive changes. African Americans have come a long way in growth, education, jobs, business etc. So, let the haters hate we will continue to break down walls. Can’t be stopped!

3. Shay June 11, 2013 at 5:43 pm -

The issue white people have with other ethnic groups is talent they feel they will be surpassed and left behind lack of achievement.

4. Fredrick June 11, 2013 at 5:25 pm -

White people on my job are clueless yet they are given better opportunities.

5. Duck June 11, 2013 at 5:23 pm -

The black and white struggle is large and in charge in the job market. The color of your skin plays a huge role in job hiring.

6. MichelleB June 10, 2013 at 10:30 pm -

2 thumbs up

7. Summer June 10, 2013 at 10:29 pm -

no I didn’t change my opinion.

8. N_Outlaw June 10, 2013 at 10:22 pm -

This article really touchs my soul. The author writes w/ such conviction & yes I am proud of my brown skin. Thank you.

9. Summer June 9, 2013 at 5:47 pm -

It’s prejudice.

10. HaileyO'lane June 9, 2013 at 4:42 pm -

Great article!!

11. Pat4_69 June 9, 2013 at 3:44 pm -

This is one of the best, intelligent & most moving article that I have read in a long time. Truly a moving statement & written with a force to be reckoned with.

12. MHolly70$ June 9, 2013 at 3:40 pm -

#truethat, #wys, @mholly70$

13. Terrell_MD June 9, 2013 at 2:15 pm -

Author Brown you’ve have written a stellar article. I hope read more of your work.

Campbell Clinic

14. Literature Instructor1 June 9, 2013 at 2:12 pm -

My summer class will read this.

15. TristonL. June 9, 2013 at 2:10 pm -

Just shared on my facebook page.

16. Jake June 6, 2013 at 10:52 pm -

This is a important statement-“My Skin Tone Has Broken Through Bulletproof Walls Personally Designed For My Guaranteed Failure” – full of truth. Sad, but 100% true.

17. CorporateLadderclimber June 6, 2013 at 8:53 pm -

in all honesty, you loose when you allow yourself to think that color is playing a role in your job. I chose to defy the odds & I have not letting others block my destiny

• Tammy June 7, 2013 at 12:27 am -

Color race is a ongoing factor .

18. Thadamgirl June 6, 2013 at 8:51 pm -

i feel this

19. Tabitha_the Diva June 6, 2013 at 8:50 pm -

Great article. I needed to read this (right on time) I was laid off from my job. I’m suspecting the color of my skin…..although I’ve never been 1 to play the racist card but in my situation somethings are just right in front of you.

20. Mattie June 6, 2013 at 5:08 pm -

As far as we have come as a nation with technology, social media, education, products and services the race card should have dissolved a decade ago.

21. Regina June 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm -

I am an African American business owner and I have repeatedly been subjected to discriminatory acts.

22. Rick June 6, 2013 at 4:59 pm -

GREAT ARTICLE: This is a highly relevant article. Race is a core factor in the workplace for employees it is also a massive issue for business owners. It seems the minute some firms realize you are African American (black) they decline business purchasing your products and services. BOLD ARTICLE REALLY NEEDED!